Atharva Institute of Film and Television in association with Atharva Foundation invites applications for Patriotic Short Film Festival 2019 from candidates above 18 years of age. The film must be based on a patriotic theme of saluting our Armed Forces. The film should focus on what the Armed Forces mean to citizens of our country or it must be based on a story about them.
- One entrant can give only one film for this short film festival.
- Candidate must be above 18 years of age.
- Film(s) entered / screened in last year Atharva’s Patriotic short film festival/shorter version(s) / revised versions of film(s) will not be eligible.
- The duration of the film must not be longer than 15 minutes including the credits. Any film exceeding the time limit will be disqualified.
- The file size of the film must not exceed than 1.5 GB in total.
- The film should have been completed after 1 March 2017.
- The films should be in MP4 format. The recommended ratios are: 16:9.
- The film must be based on India.
- Any entrant who sends his/her film but doesn’t fill the registration form will not be considered for the festival.
- Films may be entered by any individual who holds the copyright.
- There is no restriction on number of entries.
- Atharva Institute of Film and TV is under no obligation to provide comments or feedbacks regarding the submitted film to applicant or any other representative of the submitted film.
- For promotional / publicity purposes, clippings from any film entered in the festival may be shown on the National Television / Local network / Social Media Channels etc.
- Clippings of selected films will be put online on the official website of Atharva Institute of Film and TV.
- Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous particulars and not submitted along with the required certificate / undertaking will not be considered.
- Every film that is submitted in the festival must include English subtitles irrespective of its language.
- Transportation, conveyance and accommodation facility to the shortlisted entrants will not be provided by the organizers.
- This is a short film competition and hence ONLY Short Films should be submitted NO DOCUMENTARIES. The entries can be short digital animation films too on the topic.
- Any content that is inappropriate in any manner or intending to hurt any religious/communal sentiments will be disqualified by the organizers.
The participants grant the Organizers and its associates the exclusive rights to screen (non – commercial) their film / entry on their respective websites, digital platforms named AKIINO (YouTube Channel) at the festival and other associated screenings.
The Film must not contain any copyrighted work(s) belonging to third parties unless (1) Participants have a license to use such works in the Film; or (2) the use participants’ Film makes of such works is a fair one under the copyright laws. Participants will retain any licenses and provide them to organizers upon request.
Procedure to apply for the contest
- Step 1: For Registration click on link.
- Step 2: Fill in all the details.
- Step 3: Upload your film on Wetransferand send it to Aiftmumbai@gmail.com.
- Step 4: Submit.
You shall receive a confirmation email from us after we receive your entry.
To avail prizes, the winners must possess a valid Identity Card (Aadhar/Passport)
Winners will receive exciting prizes, certificate and trophy.
- Best Film- INR 1,00,000
- 1st Runner Up- INR 50,000
- 2nd Runner Up- INR 25,000
- Other Categories will get INR 10,000 each.
Entries will be previewed by Pre-Selection Committee and the shortlisted films will be previewed by the Selection Committee which will finally select films for the competition sections.
- The decision of the selection committees will be final & binding on all and will not be subject to discussion.
- Films once selected and submitted for the final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances. Participation in the festival implies acceptance of Festival Regulations.
- In the case of faulty projection, the festival cannot be held liable for intangible losses incurred by Director, Producer or Distributor.
The top 10 shortlisted films will be informed via email and phone call about their selection and hence invited for the final screening in Mumbai.
- Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or not to accept any films on any ground including the likelihood of the film offending the feelings of any state, religion, country or on the grounds such as racism and religion.
- Decisions of the Festival Authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final & binding on all parties.
- All the rights of the films that are submitted to Patriotic Short film festival will be reserved by Atharva Institute of Film and Television.
- Atharva Institute of Film and Television will not sell the films to anyone; if that happens mutual consent will be held before proceeding.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included within the submitted film. Atharva Institute of Film and Television will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted film. Atharva Institute of Film and TV reserve the right to disqualify any film with any unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted materials.
NOTE:If you have any queries regarding the festival kindly email us the on Aiftmumbai@gmail.com or give us a call on +919833160387.